The Best Backgammon Sets, According to Backgammon Players
Featured image courtesy of Lindesberg/ullstein Bild via Getty Images Backgammon has been around for thousands of years — according to Wikipedia, it has been there for around 5,000 years — and it continues to be a favorite among board-game players all over the world. We can see why: As one toy store owner pointed out to us, the traditional game doesn’t require any setup and is typically packaged in a case that makes it easy to transport anywhere (even to the beach). It is also available at a variety of pricing points.
According to Mike Kilbret of theComplete Strategist, how you want to use it will help you choose the appropriate size.
Some of these materials are more popular with specific sorts of players, according to our experts.
The experts we spoke to all advised backgammon sets with corkboards, which allow for a more peaceful game while you roll the dice and move the checkers across the board, according to our research.
- “The ‘clang’ noise made by dice on wood is not particularly liked in the United States, although it is favoured in Europe,” explains Quentin Turner, president of Your Move Chess & Games.
- Crisloid was also noted by Turner, who described it as “high end.” To learn more about the cork that makes Crisloid’s sets so popular, we spoke with Jeff Caruso, the company’s owner.
- It is possible to get magnetic sets that are nine inches in length, which are great for hiking or carrying to the park or a restaurant.
- Designed by Wood Expressions (WE for short), this nine-inch set zips shut, guaranteeing that it won’t open accidentally while you’re on the road.
- “It’s also the most popular game among backgammon hustlers in New York City’s parks,” he continues.
Furthermore, because the playing field is gray and the points are black and white, there is a lot of contrast.” If you’re looking for a set similar to the one Khachan describes, you may also try this one from Middleton Games, which features a gray playing field with black and white points in a similar fashion.
- According to the backgammon specialists we spoke with, while players in the United States tend to favor a felt- or cork-lined board, a hardwood set is considerably more typical in Europe and the Middle East, where the game originated.
- “They’re incredibly beautiful to look at and have an old-school feel to them,” Freeman adds of the pieces.
- It also contains inlaid points, which Turner claims may allow for “very pleasant and smooth” play and may appeal to more serious players who wish to move their checkers fast.
- This 3-in-1 backgammon set was recommended to us by Louise Simon, the owner of the Brooklyn-based boutique Toy Space, when we inquired about appropriate games to bring to the beach from her store’s recommendations.
- Furthermore, because it is magnetic, you won’t have to worry about any of the pieces getting blown away if you chose to play at the beach or anyplace else outside.
- Some of our most recent discoveries include the greatest acne treatments, rolling luggage, side sleeper pillows, natural anxiety therapies, and bath towels, to name a few.
We update links as often as we can, but please keep in mind that bargains sometimes expire and that all prices are subject to change. According to Backgammon Players, these are the best backgammon sets available.
Top 10 Backgammon Sets of 2021
In the 24 months since it was initially published in September 2015, this wiki has had 24 updates. Backgammon, one of the oldest board games ever created, is a timeless classic that never goes out of style. It’s a terrific pastime to do on rainy days, chilly winter nights, or lengthy car or airline travels since it’s easy to pick up and put down. There are a number of sizes and colors to choose from in our selection of wooden, plastic, and leather models. The sets are graded according to mobility, quality of the materials used, and overall design.
In the 24 months since it was initially published in September 2015, this wiki has had 24 updates.
It’s a terrific pastime to do on rainy days, chilly winter nights, or lengthy car or airline travels since it’s easy to pick up and put down.
The sets are graded according to mobility, quality of the materials used, and overall design.
1.Chess And Games Mosaic
If you’re willing to make a significant financial investment in a high-quality piece, the Chess and Games Mosaic is an excellent choice. This wooden version boasts elaborate inlaid embellishments that are sure to wow your visitors and make this board both a decorative and a practical piece of furniture.
2.Middleton Games 21-Inch Tournament
Since a result of its big size, the Middleton Games 21-Inch Tournament (about $120) is great for someone who plays frequently, as it provides plenty of area for rolling dice and transferring chips. The beautiful felt surface lends an air of elegance and professionalism to this model.
3.Yellow Mountain Imports Dorne
The Yellow Mountain Imports Dorne (about $73) features a beautiful wooden construction with natural grain patterns that can be observed on both the exterior and inside of the enclosure. With a 13-inch screen, it’s tiny enough to be portable while still being large enough to allow for full enjoyment of the game.
Due to concerns about availability, we have removed the SilvermanCo. Premium and Rolling 66 Deluxe from this update as of May 26, 2021. Also deleted from our lineup was the GrowUpSmart Premium, which, despite its name, had a tendency to come apart over time, prompting us to choose for models with more durable construction. Adding to the list is theChess And Games Mosaici, a hand-crafted wooden option that is meant to be a conversation piece and decoration more than it is a playable game, though it is certainly satisfying to use it for its primary purpose, thanks to its raised edges and large playing surface, which make it simple to roll the dice on.
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s short biography can be seen on the inside of the box, and a phrase from him can be found running down the length of the board.
- Alternatively, you may flip the board over and play checkers or chess on the opposite side if you want to spice things up.
- The second of February, 2020: This genre is not seeing much innovation due to the fact that it is so old, yet there are some firms releasing updated versions of the game that may come as a surprise to some people.
- Other models, such as theDa Vinci Leatherette, take a polar opposite approach, since that offering includes an old world map that harkens back to the game’s first days.
- The SilvermanCo.
- Whilst compiling our list of traveling games, we discovered that there is a significant market for specific board games in the luxury goods sector, with many of them being manufactured by hand from the best materials available.
The most of these are prohibitively expensive, but if you take your backgammon seriously enough, it might not be a terrible investment in the long run.
Aspinal Of London Travel is a travel agency based in London. When folded up, this portable alternative resembles a bizarre leather scroll of some sort. When you unfold it, you’ll discover a beautifully designed playing surface with carefully chosen colors that compliment one another while also contributing to the overall elegance of the board. Even though it has a high price when compared to the typical component of this category, it is really one of the more affordable luxury options available.
artedona.com Geoffrey Parker is a well-known author.
It may be used for a variety of games, including chess and cards, and its square form makes it ideal for a game of bridge.
For those who wish to play at the park or at a friend’s house, the Sondergut Mocha (about $40) is an excellent choice because it includes a roll-up type board that weights less than half as much as the average table tennis board. It has a rustic appearance due to the fact that it is constructed of supple, hand-sewn leather.
5.Galison Frank Lloyd Wright
It is certain that both professional architects and architecture fans will enjoy the classic design of the Galison Frank Lloyd Wright(approximately $28). Even when the board is not in use, the foil-stamped box retains the same design as the board, allowing you to display it.
6.Wood Expressions Travel Size
With the Wood Expressions Travel Size (about $39), you may take your favorite game on vacation with you. There’s something appealing about its burgundy color, as well as its magnetic board, which keeps your pieces in place even when you hit a bump in the road or fly through a turbulent stretch of air.
7.Get The Games Out Classic
Designed in the style of a leatherette carrying box with brass locks and four gorgeous finishes to select from, the Get The Games Out Classic (about $35) is an excellent value. It also contains a full strategy guide with pointers and hints on how to improve your overall game play experience.
With a leatherette carrying case with brass locks and four gorgeous finishes to select from, the Get The Games Out Classic (about $35) is the perfect gift for any gamer. A thorough strategy book with tips and tactics for improving your game performance is also included.
9.Da Vinci Leatherette
A lovely decoration that also serves as a functioning gaming board is the Da Vinci Leatherette (about $40), which will appeal to those seeking both form and function in one product.
Its outside is decorated with an ancient world map pattern, which contributes to its distinct and vintage appeal.
10.CHH Recreational Vinyl
When it comes to boards for people on a limited budget, the CHH Recreational Vinyl(about $24)is an useful brown and white board that is priced slightly lower than many of its rivals. With a length of 14.75 inches, it’s a suitable size for playing at home or taking on road trips.
A Brief History Of Backgammon
In fact, the next time you see a pair of old men playing cards in the park, give them a little respect since they may be wagering far bigger sums of money than you think.
If you’ve ever seen a group of elderly men playing backgammon in a park, you may already be aware that the game is centuries old, but you may not be aware of just how old it is in terms of actual years of existence. In reality, it’s one of the world’s oldest games, ranking with Go and chess in terms of longevity. Players used dice made of human bones at one point, which definitely enhanced the stakes for each session, according to archaeological evidence going back more than 5,000 years to Mesopotamia.
- There are several paintings from that period portraying individuals participating in the game, as well as a few emperors — such as Claudius and, of course, Nero — who joined in the fun as well.
- Hieronymus Bosch and Pieter Brueghel both used it in their work, frequently as a kind of entertainment that resulted in a bloody bar brawl between the two artists’ friends.
- The fact that participants sometimes bet significant quantities of money on matches, as well as the fact that it was frequently played in taverns and homes of ill-repute, did not sit well with the moral authorities.
- Ironically, gambling would play a significant role in the decrease of the game’s popularity, which was a result of the game’s success.
- As a result, many individuals abandoned the game in favor of other activities such as poker or sports betting.
- Allowing players to double — and then continue to double — the stakes allowed the game to regain popularity, and soon after that multi-player versions were added, allowing even more money to be exchanged in record time.
- In fact, the next time you see a pair of old men playing cards in the park, give them a little respect since they may be wagering far bigger sums of money than you think.
Picking The Right Backgammon Set
The most of folks get their first backgammon set fairly by mistake, simply since it was included with a checker set that they actually desired to begin with. However, after you’ve been addicted to the game, it’s likely that you’ll want to step up and get a high-end, specialized set of equipment. After all is said and done, regardless of whatever set you purchase, you can still play a solid game as long as you have all of the essential pieces. If you play all of the time, you may rationalize purchasing a larger set made of high-quality wood or even rare minerals if you’re very committed to it.
Smaller sets, on the other hand, are ideal for carrying with you to the park or to a friend’s house if it’s more of an infrequent pleasure for you.
In other cases, the pieces are held in place by magnets, allowing you to play on long road journeys – as long as you aren’t behind the wheel, of course.
It all boils down to how much money you want to spend on it and whether or not you care if other people think you’re weird for owning a shabby piece of furniture in general.
Tips To Step Up Your Game
If you decide to take up backgammon, the first thing you need know is that it is a game of skill rather than chance. If you lose, don’t blame bad luck; instead, focus on improving your skills. Fortunately, by following some of these suggestions, you will reduce your chances of becoming unfortunate in life. Play with self-assurance and ruthlessness, and keep an eye on the board — and your opponent — at all times. It takes time and effort to become into an experienced player, but you cannot achieve greatness by playing alone.
- Watching superior players in action may also help you understand why they make the decisions they do.
- Every game involves a significant amount of mathematics, and if you grasp some of the more advanced principles (such as match equity), you’ll have a significant advantage over your opponents.
- When the pip count is in your favor, it is imperative that you attack and make a break for it.
- The same is true when the odds are stacked against you: it’s time to establish your home board and start making blots.
- Play with self-assurance and ruthlessness, and keep an eye on the board — and your opponent — at all times.
- If not, that’s OK.
- Sheila O’Neill last edited this page on May 26, 2021.
She received her bachelor of arts degree in writing and cinema from the State University of New York at Purchase, where she studied writing and film.
She subsequently spent several years freelancing, working as both an author and a video editor.
She is a passionate admirer of the English language, and she can frequently be seen listening to podcasts on etymology and correcting the grammar of her friends.
In relation to the Wiki: The product brands listed on this page do not provide us sponsorships, free goods, samples, promotional items, or other advantages, save in the circumstances where such brands are made by the shop to which we are connecting, and we do not accept any of these benefits.
The Wiki is a participant in affiliate programs with companies such as Amazon, Walmart, Ebay, Target, and others, and we may get compensation for referrals to these websites.
If you feel that your product should be considered for inclusion in this review, you may contact us; but, we cannot promise a response, even if you deliver flowers to our offices.
Best Tabletop Backgammon Boards
There aren’t many games that can compete with backgammon. After all, the game has been around for more than 5,000 years, and its popularity continues to grow. Easy setup, mobility, and a wide range of pricing options all contribute to the appeal of backgammon. The greatest tabletop backgammon boards may be used for a variety of purposes. Some can hold a variety of games, while others are designed to be conversation pieces for your coffee table or gaming room. Because showpieces are intricate, selecting the most appropriate set for you might be a difficult task.
We’ve produced a list of the top five backgammon tabletop boards currently available on the market.
Top five Tabletop Backgammon Sets
- ZazaSacci Leather Tabletop Backgammon Set
- ZazaSacci White Croco Leather Tabletop Backgammon Set
- Maranzano Croco Leather Backgammon and Card Table
- ZazaSacci White Scarborough House Leather Backgammon Table
- Happy Chairs Wooden Game Table
- Scarborough House Leather Backgammon Table
1.ZazaSacci Leather Tabletop Backgammon Set
- Italia’s stunning white croco-patterned leather table top backgammon set is a must-have. A beautiful playing surface with impeccable inlays made of the finest Dollaro leather
- Made of the highest grade Dollaro leather
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Measures 26 inches by 31 1/2 inches by 1 3/4 inches (Extra Large)
- A variety of playing components, including high gloss mother of pearl stones, precision dice, and others
With this ZazaSacci backgammon set, you’ll be able to add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your backgammon gaming experience. Every bell and whistle you’ve come to expect from a luxury brand are included in this package. The immaculate table is a work of exquisite craftsmanship, and it is totally covered in lovely, authentic Italian leather to complete the look. This non-foldable backgammon table comes with accuracy dice that have been validated by tournaments. With this tabletop backgammon, you may practice and improve your abilities, as well as prepare for and smash your opponents during backgammon tournaments, all at the same time.
- Covered in the finest Italian leather
- Handcrafted with exceptional skill and care. • Extra-large dimensions of 26 x 31.5 x 1.75 inches
- It is equipped with big checkers and precise dice
- It is also available in black. Exceptionally long-lasting and durable
2.ZazaSacci White Croco Leather Table Top Backgammon Set
- Stunning non-folding leather backgammon set from Italy — in a beautiful blue color. A beautiful playing surface with impeccable inlays made of the finest Dollaro leather
- Made of the highest grade Dollaro leather
- Measures 26 inches by 31 1/2 inches by 1 3/4 inches (Extra Large)
- A variety of playing components, including high gloss mother of pearl stones, precision dice, and others
- A beautiful backgammon set that is ideal for playing, entertaining, and decorating.
Some of the adjectives that spring to mind when you first see this backgammon table by ZazaSacci are beautiful, gorgeous, and exquisite, to name a few. The extra-large backgammon set, which is finished in white, exudes sophistication and flair. The lovely and relaxing Croc-patterned leather that covers the Italian-made set adds to its overall appeal. Superior craftsmanship, combined with the best Dollaro leather, transforms this set into a one-of-a-kind work of art that you’ll be proud to show off to your friends and family.
The dice bounces off the delicate leather surface without making a sound, providing each side of the die an equal opportunity to win.
Because to the enormous playing area on this backgammon board from Zaza and Sacci, the checkers are rather large on this board.
- Made from the highest-quality Italian leather
- Exceptional construction and craftsmanship
- • Extra-large dimensions of 26 x 31.5 x 1.75 inches
- It includes all of the necessary equipment. Precision dice are included with the shipment. Backgammon competitions will benefit from this.
3.Maranzano Croco Leather Backgammon and Card Table
- Produced entirely in Italy by skilled Italian artisans
- Both the chess board and the backgammon board are crafted from fine Italian leather. Dimensions: Table dimensions: 32′′ sq. x 31′′ H. Backgammon measures 23 inches wide by 21 1/4 inches long. The inside playing field of a backgammon board measures 10 3/4 inches. The widest section of the backgammon diamond measures 1 1/2 inches in width. Backgammon checkers are 1 5/8′′ in height. 5/8′′ is the size of the dice. 7/8′′ is the size of the doubling cube.
The Maranzano Croco leather backgammon table allows you to combine your passion for beautiful Italian furniture with your passion for the game of backgammon in one convenient package. It’s the ideal pick for the serious backgammon player who expects nothing but the finest from his or her game. This custom Italian masterpiece combines superb workmanship with authentic Italian leather to create a one-of-a-kind piece of art. It also achieves the ideal mix between aesthetics and practicality in terms of design.
It’s the ideal solution if you host frequent tournaments at your house or if you’re thinking about becoming pro in the future.
You can rely on the excellent Italian leather to minimize the background noise and provide a predictable dice roll every time.
The elegant and substantial checkers slide easily across the surface, neither interfering with your concentration or shredding the delicate leather surface.
It also comes with a chessboard that can be removed. Located behind the chessboard is a felted card table encased in Italian leather. This board’s superb craftsmanship and materials ensure that it will last for generations to come, and it will almost certainly become a family heirloom. Pros
- Your passion for exquisite Italian furniture and your enthusiasm for backgammon may be combined with the Maranzano Croco leather backgammon table. If you’re a serious backgammon player who demands nothing but the finest, this is the game for you! With genuine Italian leather and superb Italian craftsmanship, this one-of-a-kind handmade Italian masterpiece is a true masterpiece. Moreover, it achieves the ideal balance between aesthetics and use. You can be sure that it will take over any space and become the focal point and a discussion starter for many years to come. The excellent pick if you host frequent tournaments at your house or if you’re thinking about becoming pro in the near future. Using this leather backgammon board, you will be able to enjoy hours of pleasurable gaming without being subjected to a migraine-inducing cacophony. You can rely on the excellent Italian leather to minimize the background noise and produce a predictable dice roll every time. You must have fair dice rolls in order to improve your talents and refine your gaming techniques. In addition, the elegant and substantial checkers slide easily across the surface, preventing you from losing concentration or tearing the delicate leather. Multiple games may be played on this sturdy leather backgammon table without sacrificing the table’s appearance or functionality. It also has a chessboard that may be removed. The felted card table is situated on the reverse of the Italian leather-bound chessboard. Due to the superb craftsmanship and materials used in this board, it will last a long time and is likely to be passed down down the generations. Pros
4.Scarborough House Leather Backgammon Table
- Antique green with brass accents, leather, myrtle burl, and a removable chess/backgammon board are all featured.
Nothing more than this backgammon table from Scarborough House will bring attention to your love and passion for the game of backgammon. This one-of-a-kind backgammon table is made from the extremely uncommon myrtle burl wood. Beautiful burl veneers are combined with green leather and brass accents to create a stunning piece of furniture that is both functional and beautiful. Because of its wonderful antique appearance, it is sure to garner you comments from everyone who comes into your home.
The backgammon board is covered, and it has all of the trimmings of a high-end backgammon table.
It is possible to conquer your opponents with your abilities and plans rather than chance and pure luck because of the generous playing surface, which assures fair dice roll results.
- Made from myrtle burl wood, which is a rare and long-lasting wood
- Design that is exquisite and lovely
- Backgammon board with a leather binding
- It has a huge and generous playing surface
- It has a large and generous playing surface
- Longevity that is exceptional
- Supports the games of chess and backgammon
- Drawers for storing items are quite convenient.
- It requires just minor assembly
- It does not include any playing pieces.
5.Happy Chairs Wooden Game Table
- It has two storage compartments that may be accessed by removing the pan. Each game comes with a set of strong, wooden, handmade, easy-to-hold playing pieces that will last for years of play and enjoyment. This Happy Game Table is the size of a coffee table, measuring 16 inches high by 42 inches wide by 23 inches deep.
Why settle for a standard coffee table when you can have one that can also serve as a gaming table for the family? With the help of this handcrafted wooden gaming table from Happy Chairs, any evening can be transformed into a family game night. Designed with strength and durability in mind, and finished with a gorgeous marine varnish, this game table will be the last one you’ll ever need. It allows you to satisfy your passion for board games such as backgammon, TicTacToe, Chess, and Checkers.
- If you have little children, you may want to consider an insert that includes a blackboard, which will allow them to have hours of fun drawing.
- Even better, this sleek and robust gaming set allows you to enjoy the action in the great outdoors.
- As long as the table remains on your covered patio, you can count on the good times continuing for years to come.
- It is possible to run two distinct games at the same time without affecting the overall quality of the gaming.
- The little flaws, on the other hand, just contribute to enhance the uniqueness of the table, as no two sets are ever exactly same.
- There is no assembly required. Each table is individually constructed
- There are four different hues to choose from. Suitable for usage both indoors and outdoors
- There are several convenient storage spaces. In addition to that, it comes with several accessories.
- It does not contain any chess pieces. It has a modest profile on the ground.
The size of your backgammon board has an impact on both your playing comfort and your ability to roll fair dice. The dice will come to a natural stop on a large board rather than jerking to a stop after hitting the edge. Tabletop backgammon boards are the largest, measuring 26 inches in diameter, and they are accompanied with checker pieces that are equally as huge and simple to handle. Even though the smallest boards are just 15″ long and come with small-sized checkers by default, they are easier to store than the larger boards.
If you’re a serious backgammon player who uses the board on a regular basis, you might consider purchasing a huge backgammon board. If you like an occasional game of backgammon with friends, any of the smaller backgammon sets will suffice.
Backgammon Board Material
Backgammon sets are available in a wide range of materials and colors. Backgammon tables made of leather, cork, or wood are the most common types. The choice of material has an influence on the weight, durability, sound, and overall gameplay experience of the table.
Wooden backgammon tables
Backgammon tables are one-of-a-kind, visually spectacular, and attention-getting objects since they are handcrafted. They’re available in a variety of stunning hues, and their elaborate designs contribute to their attraction even more than before. Wooden furniture of exceptional quality Wooden backgammon tables, such as those constructed of ebony, mahogany, burl, and elm, are admired for their beauty. They’re stunning works of art that will serve as outstanding focal points in your gaming room or living room space.
These tables are excellent heirloom pieces that will survive for decades.
If you desire a calm playing atmosphere, wooden tables are not the best choice.
Leather Backgammon Set
The playing surface of such tables is usually made of leather, felt, or cork, depending on the model. Fine Italian leather is used to construct luxury leather backgammon tables, which provide silent and pleasant games. If backgammon is more than a passing interest or a recreational activity for you, you’ll benefit from a table with a leather, felt, or cork covering. The sound of the dice bouncing off the board is muffled and absorbed by the protective covering. The cushioned landing surface provides just the appropriate amount of bounce to allow your polished talents to come to your assistance.
The checkers on a backgammon board are available in a variety of sizes and are constructed of a variety of materials. The materials used range from lightweight plastics to heavy materials such as Bakelite, stone, and pearl, among other options. Heavier checkers are preferable since they do not scatter all over the place if the board is bumped in the middle of a furious battle of wits. When it comes to the size of the checkers, they should be in proportion to the backgammon board. All of the checkers must be properly aligned with the pips.
When the checkers are either too huge or too little, the game becomes jumbled and confusing.
The Sound Level
It comes down to personal opinion, however silent backgammon boards are often thought to be the finest. If you don’t mind hearing a lot of clunking sounds throughout the game, a hardwood backgammon board is a good choice. If, on the other hand, you want a peaceful game with fair dice rolls, predictable bounces, and no loud clunking noises, a covered backgammon set will suffice. The most commonly used soundproofing materials include leather, cork, and felt, to name a few. They reduce the amount of noise made when you roll the dice and slide the checkers, resulting in a more enjoyable play experience.
A quiet backgammon board not only saves your ears from the strain of playing, but it also demonstrates the quality of the board’s construction. It indicates that the board is constructed of high-quality materials and will provide you with years of service to come.
Each and every die has its own unique set of characteristics. They differ in terms of size, quality, weight, workmanship, and other characteristics – all of which have an impact on the gaming experience. In an ideal world, you’d like a die that produces consistently fair dice rolling. Precision dice, which are the best dice available, have rounded corners that enhance rolling distance while still assuring a random roll. In the case of Precision Dice, each side has an equal probability of showing, which is the pinnacle of fair dice rolling.
However, they are well worth the money spent.
When purchasing a backgammon set, dice cups are an item that is sometimes forgotten, but they are equally vital. The finest dice cup is spacious and hollow, allowing the dice to tumble about within and ensuring even dice rolling throughout the game. A trip lip is required for a dice cup. Whenever you shake the cup and let the dice fall, they hit the lip of the cup and tumble out while spinning to offer each side an equal chance of winning the show.
If you prefer to play backgammon on the go, portable backgammon boards are the perfect solution for you. It is possible to load them into a backpack or carry bag and set them up almost anyplace you choose because of their small and lightweight design. Even while some portable game sets are easy to put up, take down, and store away, they often include only a few small game components. Because they are more difficult to manage, little game pieces might detract from the overall gaming experience.
Tabletop Backgammon Boards FAQS
Which Backgammon Table Size Is the Most Appropriate? Due to the fact that there is no standard backgammon board size, it all comes down to individual discretion. Experienced backgammon players utilize checkers to select which tabletop backgammon boards are the most suitable for them. The diameter of checkers ranges between 1.5 and 2 inches. A set of checkers that is less than 1.5 inches in diameter is considered inadequate and will result in a cluttered game environment. Anything with checkers that are more than 2 inches in diameter is considered overly huge.
- The Components of a Backgammon Set Each backgammon set has the following components: – two sets of fifteen checkers in two distinct colors • 2 dice cups or shakers • A doubling cube • A doubling cube What Is the Proper Way to Arrange a Backgammon Board?
- During the game, each player receives 15 checkers, which are carefully placed on the triangle areas.
- The checker configuration on the other side of a backgammon board should be identical to the arrangement on the same side.
- The majority of high-end backgammon boards are exquisitely constructed and coated in luxurious Italian leather.
- The leather also serves as a muffler, allowing you to avoid being distracted by loud, distracting noises that might throw you off your game.
- Backgammon boards, and particularly the tables, are wonderful showpieces since they are one-of-a-kind and hauntingly beautiful objects of art.
Others are essentially table games that may be played with a variety of other games, such as checkers, cards, and chess. A few of the tables are totally covered in excellent Italian leather, while others are crafted from extremely rare and precious wood.
The greatest tabletop backgammon boards are those that match your game as well as your home decor. The majority of these boards would set you back a hefty amount, but they are well worth it because they include priceless and long-lasting pieces of art. They’re crafted from the best woods, such as myrtle burl, and covered with the finest Italian leather available on the market. The tabletop backgammon sets have an extraordinarily extended shelf life due to the high quality of the craftsmanship and the use of robust materials.
Top 60 Best High-End Backgammon Sets, Clubs, Events, Media, Online Backgammon, Resources, Apps & Suppliers
There is an established repertoire of common tactics and occurrences.Like chess, backgammon has been studied with great interest by computer scientists.
|Bridge||Carambole Billiards(Top 25)||Chess(Top 40)|
|ComputerVideo Games(Top 35)||Go(Top 50)||Lotteries(Top 15)|
|Miscellaneous Games(Top 75)||Mobile Games||Poker(Top 100)|
|Pool(Top 20)||Royal Game of Ur||Snooker|
|Sudoku||Video Game Consoles(Top 10)||Virtual Reality | VR Headsets(15)|
- In 2020, the 45th Backgammon World Championship will be held at the Hotel Fairmont Monte Carlo, located at 12 Avenue des Spélugues in Monte Carlo, Monaco. “The 45th World Championship has been postponed until further notice due to COVID-19. We want to reschedule as soon as possible at a more convenient time.” Since 1993, the ABT (American Backgammon Tour) has been in existence. This website provides “a comprehensive compendium of important international backgammon tournament results that are released in a timely fashion.” Since 2009, the USBGF (United States Backgammon Federation) has existed. “American Backgammon Tour, U.S., International Tournaments,” according to Wikipedia. Since 1986, the WBF (Worldwide Backgammon Federation) has existed. The International Backgammon Championship will take place from April 8-14
- The World Series of Backgammon, a televised, high-stakes backgammon tour founded in 2006 by television producer and backgammon player Andy Bell, will take place from April 8-14
- And the World Backgammon Championship will take place from April 8-14.
GammOnLine describes itself as “your on-line backgammon magazine.” Index of Articles Gamer’s Village (GammonVillage) Magazine- “The largest and most engaging backgammon site on the Internet. GammonVillage originally appeared on the internet in December 1999. GammonVillage presently has over 45,000 registered members, and the number is increasing every day!” PrimeTime Backgammon Magazine is a backgammon magazine that can be found on the United States Backgammon Federation website.
Backgammon News, ReviewsResources
- The Absolute BACKGAMMON App is available on the iTunes App Store. “There are no advertisements or gimmicks here
- Just amazing backgammon and acey deucey. If you like Absolute Backgammon and Acey Deucey on the desktop, you’ll enjoy this version as well – it’s the same amazing backgammon you loved before.” Ariston is a fictional character created by author Ariston BACKGAMMON- “Challenging backgammon software for Windows,” according to the developer. “A lesson for those starting from scratch.and possibly a refresher for some!” says Wikipedia about backgammon. Backgammon books are available on Amazon.com, with 927 results as of March 28, 2019. BACKGAMMON for Android is available on Google Play. The following applications are available: BACKGAMMON for BlackBerry- BlackBerry
- BACKGAMMON for Windows Phone- Windows Phone Since 1995, there has been BACKGAMMON GALORE! There are several valuable resources.
- Learn to play backgammon using Phil Simborg’s lessons
- BACKGAMMON on YouTube- as of April 1, 2019
- BACKGAMMON Room- “The World’s Best Backgammon Software.”
- BACKGAMMON Tutor- “Learn and improve in a fun interactive method!”
- The best resource for improving your game is Reddit
- BG Online- backgammon opening rolls and analysis, among other things
- British Isles Backgammon Association (BIBA)- “British Isles Backgammon Association”
- “This site is for backgammon players, by backgammon players. With over a million members, the British Backgammon Association was founded in 1989 to promote and develop British Backgammon. It is the largest backgammon organization in the world.”
- Chicago Point Backgammon Online- “A Prime Source of Backgammon Information.”
- Database of BG Matches- “You can upload and edit data of backgammon matches on this database.” Backgammon matches may be searched for and watched, and match files can be downloaded “Since 2009, I’ve been playing eXtreme gammon. Players of all levels will benefit from this world-class backgammon software! eXtreme Gammon is the most powerful and quickest backgammon computer program currently available
- European Backgammon Federation (EUBGF) – member organization since 2013. It is a non-profit organization of national backgammon organizations throughout the continent of Europe, with the goal of strengthening the ties between national backgammon federations in order to encourage the growth of organized backgammon in Europe. “Backgammon Guide – Learn Rules, Strategy, and More” is available at GAMMONED.COM. Backgammon knowledge may be found at this online site dedicated to giving backgammon information. All over our website, you’ll find connections to sections containing important information for both beginner and experienced backgammon players. GAMMONLIFE is a game of chance “”The number one site for the worldwide backgammon community.”
- IBACKGAMMON App- “Play backgammon against the computer or against your friends.” Enjoy yourself, and you’ll see a steady improvement in your backgammon skills over time!” iBooks Store
- In Jonathan Lethem’s A Gambler’s Anatomy, a Hustler’s Luck Turns Cold- The New York Times
- International Backgammon Championship- organized by the United States, Japanese, and French Backgammon Federations
- Kit Wooley’s match equity table- “Calculating and Using Match Equities.”
- List of World Backgammon champions- (1967-)
- Pip Count- by Michael Crane
- Prince Alexis Obolensky- (1915-1986). Racquet and Tennis Club is a private social club and athletic club located at 370 Park Avenue, between East 52nd and East 53rd Streets in New York City, New York, and is sometimes referred to as the “father of modern backgammon.” He was a member of the princely Obolensky family of the Rurik Dynasty
- And was a member of the Rurik Dynasty. It is also worth noting that the Racquet and Tennis Club played an essential part in the history of backgammon: Wheaton Vaughan, who was then the head of the club’s Card and Backgammon Committee, requested delegates from other clubs in New York and elsewhere to collaborate on the development of the Laws of Backgammon. This occurred in 1931. Today, backgammon is played in over 100 countries throughout the world, and this set of rules serves as the foundation for the game’s laws. Backgammon books, videos, and courses are available from THE BACKGAMMON PRESS, which bills itself as “the web’s premier source for backgammon.” True BACKGAMMON HD App- “One of the most popular Backgammon games on the iPad/iPhone, as well as one of the most powerful computer opponents in the world, has now been improved even more.” Backgammon Clubs in the United States – Last updated on March 26, 2019
- USBGF | United States Backgammon Federation Is in business since 2009. “Backgammon is becoming more popular. Players in the Service “The World Backgammon Association has been in existence since 2000 and is a non-profit organization dedicated to increasing public knowledge, participation, education, and enjoyment of the skill-based game of backgammon. “Backgammon’s most authoritative authority and most enthusiastic marketer on the planet. The World Backgammon Tour (WBGT) and the famous European Backgammon Tour (EBGT) were founded by the same person.” World Backgammon Day will be celebrated on March 21, 2020 ” Celebrate the oldest game on the globe and share it with your friends all around the world by participating in the World Cup of Bingo. Play a few games in person or over the internet. Meetups and activities in your city and surrounding area should be planned. The day after Thanksgiving, backgammon organizations and clubs should conduct special activities and competitions. Make sure that everyone is aware of the date of this international event by spreading the word.”
- Race Database for the Zare BACKGAMMON – “The Zare Race Database is a computer application that is used to research backgammon races. ZRD is designed to allow you to rapidly set up and analyze positions, allowing you to compare many positions at the same time. Individual positions are unlikely to reappear, but mastering a class of roles can assist you to play more effectively in the future “in addition to this, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected]
Backgammon set with elm briarmahogany case by Agresti & Co. Since 2001, the ASPINAL OF LONDON has been in operation. Backgammon sets are available. “British Luxury Goods Since 1781,” according to ASPREY London. Backgammon board made of English saddle leather, complete with precise dice, counters, dice cups, and a doubling cube. As of June 12, 2019, there are 433 results for BACKGAMMON SETS on AMAZON.COM. BADGLEY MISCHKA has been in business since 1988. Clifton Backgammon Set (Set of 4) (Silver).
- Since 1895, BERLUTI has been a fixture in Paris.
- “Backgammon and Board Games Shop,” as the name suggests.
- This extra-large backgammon set has been crafted from the best leather and palladium hardware available, and is available in colours of grey, black, and Bijan Yellow, as shown.
- Krion is made of walnut wood and steel.
- Dunhill has been around since 1893.
- This backgammon set, which was inspired by Dunhill’s exquisite attache cases, is suitable for anybody who is passionate about the wonderful game of backgammon.
- HENRY TUKE is a fictional character created by author HENRY TUKE.
Backgammon set made of ebony and silver.
Shakers and doubling dice are made of black walnut wood.
Almost 3kg of tactile sterling silver pieces, each one hallmarked with our characteristic Tuke and leopard of London hallmarks, were assembled for this project.
The cost is £24,950.
“Our Lacquer Backgammon Set is a fantastic blend of utility and funky style,” says the designer.
Backgammon sets made to order.
Backgammon in a leather case for travel.
Polished aluminum body with child glove leather covering the top and bottom of the Carbon Fiber frame.
PICKETT London has been in business since 1988.
Handmade in England, these backgammon sets are available in a variety of luxury leathers ranging from British Lowick leather to more exotic lizard skin.
Purdey has been in business since 1814.
RALPH LAUREN has been in business since 1983.
This competition-sized travel set, which is a part of our Sutton line, is a refined take on the classic game that mixes the warmth of walnut with the futuristic aesthetic of carbon fiber embossed leather to create a sophisticated appeal.
In addition to serving as a gaming board, the carrying case features bespoke “RL”-debossed locks for a subtle nod to the designer’s aesthetic. Backgammon Travel Rolls courtesy of Sage Brown. WILLIAMSON has been in London since 2000. Backgammon sets made of leather for travel.
Backgammon is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week “Play the finest Backgammon game online for free and without having to register! Play backgammon as soon as possible!” Backgammon is a board game in which two players compete against each other “Backgammon is a popular board game that can be played online for free. There is no need to download anything. Are you able to outwit the computer?” “Free backgammon games and downloads, top payouts and recommended rooms, tips and promotions,” according to BACKGAMMONTRIAL.COM.
“The World’s Largest Backgammon Community,” according to PLAY65.
Backgammon with a VIP – “Play backgammon for free on the internet!
Join the worldwide community and make a difference.
Upcoming VIP Privilege Membership Card
The International Man will be introducing its own PRIVILEGEBENEFIT VIPMEMBERSHIP CARD in the near future, which will be referred to as simply ‘The Card.’ Members will be entitled to unique privileges, advantages, and discounted pricing at a variety of partner establishments, including hotels, restaurants, our LUXURY WEBSHOP, and others. Fill out the form below with your name and e-mail address to receive FREE INFORMATION on ‘The Card.’