5 Best Pool Table Dining Table (Buyers Guide)
When it comes to purchasing a pool table, there are several factors to consider. For example, don’t you have to take into consideration the size of the table? In addition, you must decide the style of table you want, with a pool table dining table being one of the most popular alternatives. Don’t be concerned if you’ve never heard of these types of tables before. They cater to a certain market. However, they are becoming increasingly popular and may be well worth investigating. After all, you’re getting a fashionable pool table as well as a high-quality dining table in one convenient bundle!
We’ll give our opinions on some of the top tables currently available, as well as some pointers on how to choose the perfect table for your requirements.
In a Nutshell: Our Top 5 Picks for Poolside Dining Tables
- Playcraft Wolf Creek– our top pick
- Atomic Hampton Combination Table– our top budget pick
- Hathaway Park Avenue
- Simba USA Vulcan Pool Table
- Simba USA Mississipi Table
- Playcraft Wolf Creek– our top budget pick
- Playcraft Wolf Creek– our
Best Pool Table Dining Table
The Playcraft Wolf CreekPool table eating table is a fantastic option for anybody searching for a high-quality hybrid table at an affordable price! As a result, the table spans 84.5 x 50 x 31 inches, which is an excellent size for any gaming or eating demands you may have. This table is particularly appealing to us because it is meant to be simple and quick to put together. It is constructed from high-quality resin-infused MDF that has been coated with an additional layer of PVC. This all comes together to make a strong and durable construction.
The dining table top is divided into two pieces that are readily assembled with the pool playing surface.
Along with the table, a high-quality pool accessories set is supplied, which includes two cues, a set of balls, a triangle rack, a brush, and even Pool chalk.
It clearly sticks out, but because of its more subdued hues, it may not be suitable for everyone.
- Construction that is solid, sturdy, and of excellent quality
- They have been intended to be simple and quick to put together
- It is simple and quick to switch between functions. This unit is equipped with an entirely supplied pool kit.
2. Atomic Hampton Combination Table
The Atomic Hampton Combination Table is our top pick for those on a tight budget. Furthermore, it not only provides a competitive entry-level pricing, but it also provides an exceptional bundle in and of itself. 84.38 x 47.25 x 31.5 inches in total, you’ll have plenty of room to play Pool and gather around the dinner table with your loved ones. In addition to being able to play table tennis at this table, In order to provide you with even more options when it comes to games. With the additional tabletops, switching between tasks is quick and simple, and the benches provide additional seating space.
The table is extremely well-constructed, and it is constructed of both types of wood, with the addition of Polycarbonate add-ons.
However, while the design of this table is unquestionably outstanding, the subdued grey color scheme may be unpleasant to certain individuals. Because they only feature a little amount of cushioning, the benches may also be a bit unpleasant during lengthy sessions. Pros
- It is simple to swap between different table functionalities. Construction that is both solid and durable
- It includes all of the gaming gear you could possibly need. Price that is more budget-friendly
- Change between the various table functions is straightforward. a well-built, sturdy structure You’ll get everything you need to play games with in it. Price that is more affordable
3. Hathaway Park Avenue
The Hathaway Park Avenue is a distinctive and beautiful multi-purpose table that will complement any decor! Playing pool and table tennis are both options, and moving between game modes is a simple and quick process. In addition, this pool table dining table is a great place to gather with family and friends. A good-sized table for any household, this one is constructed of high-quality engineered wood and measures 84 inches long by 47 inches wide by 32 inches deep. Setup of the table will necessitate some assembly work, but once completed, you’ll have a stylish piece of furniture that will easily become the focal point of any room in your home.
- This table is suitable for usage by both youngsters and adults without any difficulties.
- The benches are padded with extra plush padding and have built-in storage space as well.
- Additionally, pool and table tennis were available.
- It has a really attractive look and comes with all of the necessary equipment. It is simple to swap between different table functionalities.
4. Simba USA Vulcan Pool Table
It has a really attractive look and is fully equipped with everything you could possibly want. Table functionalities may be changed quickly and easily.
- It has an eye-catching style and comes with all of the necessary equipment. It is simple to switch between table functionalities.
5. Simba USA Missisipi Table
A more experienced pool player will prefer the Simba USA Mississippi Pool Table over any other table on the market! The eye-catching green felt on the table’s top gives it a very traditional look, which complements its traditional design. The table measures 7 feet in length and is simple and quick to construct. Simple assembly of the table legs is required before it is ready for use. The table is constructed of high-quality MDF wood, which ensures that it is quite durable. If you’re looking for a table that will last for a long time, this is a good option.
- You just slide the dining table surface over the top of the table and you’re ready to dine!
- Finally, one more outstanding feature of this table is the fully-stocked Pool kit that comes with it.
- It makes the table more convenient to use and more appealing to pool players in general.
- As a result, you will need to purchase additional seats or benches in order to fully utilize it.
- Simple and quick to put together
- This pool table’s 7-foot size makes it appropriate for experienced pool players. This unit is equipped with an entirely supplied pool kit.
Buyer’s Guide: How To Choose The Best Pool Dining Table?
Purchasing a pool table may be a time-consuming and difficult process at times. Choosing the best Pool table for your requirements can be difficult because there is so much to think about and consider. When it comes to purchasing a pool table dining table, the situation can become even more complicated.
These tables are a combination of two different types of furniture. They can be used as pool tables, but they also offer a spot where you can sit and have meals. Using our in-depth buyer’s guide, let’s take a look at some of the things you should consider when purchasing one.
For the majority of folks, this is likely to be the most important factor to consider. What is the material of the table? The manufacturer’s standing in the industry is important. Even if you’re simply playing Pool by yourself, a Pool table dining table will almost certainly be more handy than a standard Pool table in most situations. As a result, you’ll want to be certain that your table is constructed properly. This is especially true if you have small children of your own to take care of. You should keep in mind that it will be used as a dining table, so it should be sturdy and of great quality.
A pool table dining table will frequently necessitate a significant amount of assembly work. If you have a little basic DIY expertise, this shouldn’t be too tough, despite the fact that it will take some time. However, while purchasing a table, you should take into consideration the amount of assembly effort necessary, since some tables are significantly easier to install than others.
The Table Size
In order to purchase a pool table, we all understand how crucial the size is to consider. This is also true when it comes to selecting a dining room table. As a result, it comes to reason that you should consider this while purchasing a pool table dining table! In some cases, the pool table surface will be smaller, while the dining table surface will be greater. Consider how many people can fit around the table; after all, you’ll want your dining table to be large enough to accommodate everyone, won’t you?
The Table Functions
Finally, you’ll want to think about how the table functions will work. Isn’t it true that a pool table dining table may serve as both a pool table and a dining room table at the same time? Some, on the other hand, may be able to participate in activities such as table tennis or ping pong. These additional features may not be necessary for everyone, but they may make a table more enticing to you if you value the additional adaptability. But you could find these additional add-ons to be an inconvenience, so think carefully about what you want your table to accomplish before purchasing it.
When you won’t have to sit down while playing pool, you will have to if you want to utilize your table as an eating area. While many pool table dining tables are equipped with seats or benches, this is not necessarily the case with all of them. Thus, keep in mind that seating may need to be purchased separately in some instances.
Our Final Verdict: What’s The Best?
Those are our top five choices for the greatest pool table dining table, so have a look at them! The Playcraft Wolf Creek is our top selection for this year. This table is made of sturdy and durable materials and has a high quality finish. While the industrial design may not be to everyone’s taste, we believe it’s very stunning in its simplicity. With its high-quality construction, this table is ideal for any occasion, whether it is a game of pool or dinner with the family. This piece of furniture is simple and quick to put together, and it comes with a one-year warranty.
While the design of this table is a bit more straightforward, and the seats might benefit from a little more padding, it is still an excellent option. The table is extremely versatile, and switching between its various functions is a simple and quick process.
Dining Pool Table Buyers Guide
For more than three decades, we at Robbies Billiards have assisted purchasers in determining which size and kind of pocket billiards table is the most appropriate for their unique needs and budget. Pool Tables for Dining Rooms is one of our most rapidly expanding and misunderstood product categories. When I bring this subject up, most people immediately think of the Beverly Hillbillies and their “fancy eating table.” The fact that there is a special category of pocket billiard tables that are specifically designed to double as full-time dining tables is something they are unaware of.
- The most common misconception about dining pool tables is what distinguishes a dining pool table from a pool table that also serves as a dining table.
- Examples include theCarmel, an 8′ pool table in a luxury rustic style that is very popular in the United States, which is shown here with and without a leaf style dining conversion top.
- With the addition of a dining top and bench seats, the pool table may also be utilized as a dining table; but, there is a catch!
- The billiard table rail adds an extra 1.25″ to 1.75″ of height, and the dining top is raised on risers or pads on the rails, adding an additional.75″ to 1″ of height to the dining table.
- To fit your average dining chairs, the standard dining table height is 29″ to 30″ maximum, making any pool table 4″ to 5″ too high to eat comfortably!
- However, the height difference is significant and makes all the difference in sitting comfortably and enjoying a meal, particularly for children.
- Even though the bench seats are designed 3 to 4 inches taller than typical, the table still reaches tiny diners in the mid-chest region.
Legs that are too large will interfere with seating, and this will vary from one pool table design to another.
Look at this design and you’ll see that the legs have been moved to the corners, which enables for extra space to be used for dining chairs and diners’ legs beneath the table when they’re eating.
Unfortunately, because the pool table slates weigh around 600 pounds, it is difficult to construct a stable and true playing pool table.
“Why don’t they just cut the legs a little shorter so that the table is level with the eating top?” is a question we frequently receive.
“Then why don’t they make the frame slimmer on the sides so you have more room for your legs?” is frequently the next inquiry.
In order to thin out the table frame, metal beam construction must be used to reinforce the frame to prevent sagging.
These tables are designed at 29″ to 30″ heights with thinner profile frames so that your legs can fit underneath them while you’re eating.
The key characteristic of a real dining pool table is that the table is either constructed at or can be reduced to the usual 29″ to 30″ height with the dining top attached, depending on the manufacturer.
First and foremost, you’ll notice how thin the steel frame and legs are in comparison to the table’s overall dimensions.
The legs are pushed all the way to the edge of the table frame in order to produce a more sleek and modern look while also allowing for the most leg room possible under the table when eating.
There are certain trade-offs in terms of gameplay with this engineering (you can read more about them in our Fusion Table Review), but if you need a dining table for everyday use, this is hard to match.
This is another top seller due to the fact that it can be custom made in a variety of woods and finishes in a variety of sizes ranging from 6′ to 9′.
When customers come into our Rockville, Maryland pool table design showroom and enquire about utilizing a pool table as a dining table, the first thing I ask them is “how frequently do you intend on eating at this table vs playing pool on it?” I propose just about any ordinary good quality three piece slate pool table with either a dining top or even a ping pong conversion top if the answer is only occasional eating with the table’s primary function being billiards.
This will be sufficient for occasional usage as overflow seating or as a “buffet” table a few times each year.
Real Dining Pool Tables are often significantly more expensive than standard three-piece slate home pool tables, owing to the high-quality materials and extra-heavy-duty steel beam construction used in their construction.
In the meantime, if you have any additional questions about the various pool table and dining pool table options available, please send us an email at [email protected], give us a call at 301-331-7024 to speak with an expert, or schedule an appointment to visit our Rockville pool table design showroom to see these tables in person!
Top 7 Pool Dining Table Reviews and Buying Guide!
Let’s set the stage first. Suppose you’re holding a fantastic dinner party where everyone is having a great time. However, the evening feels like it’s drawing to a close, and you aren’t quite ready for it to come to an end suddenly. BOOM! Just like that, you’ve transformed the dining table that everyone has been gathered around all evening into a sleek pool table, allowing the party to continue well into the night and earning everyone’s praise as the finest host ever. Okay, so you’re probably fantasizing, but for the majority of you, a dual purpose table is the only way to persuade your suspicious other half to allow you to get a pool table for the house.
It is both an economical use of space (you do not need a separate pool area) and a beautiful addition to your house when you choose fusion pool dining tables.
Pool dining tables may cost anywhere from £400 ($500) to thousands of dollars, so we’ve concentrated on the more inexpensive end of the market.
1. Pureline 7ft Multi GamesDining Table
To begin, let’s establish the stage. Suppose you’re holding a fantastic dinner party where everyone is having a great time. However, the evening feels like it’s coming to a close, and you aren’t quite ready for it to come to an end suddenly. BOOM! All of a sudden, you’ve transformed the dining table that everyone has been gathered around all evening into a sleek pool table, allowing the party to continue well into the night and earning you the title of “greatest host ever.” Now it’s possible that you’re daydreaming, but more realistically for the majority of you, a dual purpose table is the only way to persuade your doubtful spouse to allow you to purchase a pool table for the home.
Regardless of your decision, you’ve chosen a wise one!
We discussed some of the most important factors to consider when selecting a table in this piece, and we also assessed our favorite seven tables from around the web.
However, there’s a special bonus table at the end that shouldn’t be missed, even if it’s only to daydream about how to spend your lottery wins.
2. The Amalfi II Pool Dining TableTable Tennis Top (6ft or 7ft)
The Amalfi II is a revised and enhanced version of its predecessor, the Amalfi, which was introduced in 2001. ‘How does it make it better?’ we hear you inquire. The first thing that catches your eye is the design; this table is extremely sleek and will look absolutely fantastic in any room of your house. To begin with, the table is fully customisable; you can choose between a 6 foot or a 7 foot length, and there are three different finishes to choose from (the Driftwood finish is shown here), ensuring that there is something to suit everyone’s tastes.
In a third instance, the two-piece table top may be inverted and used as a table tennis table top! With this pool table with dining top, you truly do get everything.
3. Pureline 6ft Pool Dining Table
We recommend this lovely 6ft pool dining table from Pureline since it is both attractive and quite affordable. It’s one of the most affordable options on the market, but it’s of high quality, looks fantastic, and is available in three different finishes: white, wood, and driftwood (pictured below). It would look great in any contemporary setting, and the icing on the cake is that when you flip the table top over, it transforms into a ping pong table! You should get your hands on one while you still have the chance, because they are in extremely high demand!
4. Signature Newman Pool Dining TableTable Tennis Top
The very finest pool dining tables all have two characteristics: they feature a robust construction and high-quality playing surface, as well as a fashionable dining table that is simple to transfer from one activity to another after a game. Let’s just say that the Signature Newman Pool Dining Table possesses each of these characteristics, as well as many more! Aside from coming in at an amazingly cheap price and being available in 6ft or 7ft lengths, which makes it perfect for any dining area, this table also features a very responsive table tennis table top that outperforms the competition.
It is, without a doubt, the whole package and our top selection on the list!
5. Grafica Ma.ro Srl 7ft Dark Wood Pool Dining Table
This dark wood and green cloth table, which falls into the mid-range table category, is ideal for someone seeking for a more conventional table to fit into their huge man cave or dining room. It can comfortably accommodate 8 people thanks to the slender form and widely spread legs, and the pockets are neatly tucked away in the corners. Dark wood is making a comeback, and we are loving this aesthetic!
6. Fusion 7ft Outdoor Slate Bed Pool Dining Table
Have you ever considered purchasing an outdoor pool dining table? If you don’t, you’re losing out on something great. This stunning item is weather resistant and features a two-piece smoked glass top that is both beautiful and functional. You’ll be the talk of the neighborhood if you do it out on your terrace! For even more man cave inspiration, see our reviews of the Top Outdoor Pool Tables if we’ve whetted your appetite for a new outdoor pool table.
7. Avant Garde 2.0 Slate Bed Pool Dining Table
Quite simply, this table is something exceptional. Aside from its magnificent appearance and high-quality construction, it is completely customizable, with options including two sizes (6ft or 7ft), six frame designs, five fabric colors, and two table top styles to pick from. You may even purchase matching benches to ensure that your dining area has a consistent, streamlined appearance throughout. No way are you going to miss out on the right look for your house with this collection!
8. VIP Revolving Slate Bed Pool Table
Finally, but certainly not least, we have the world’s first revolving pool table. It’s easy to switch between pool and dining on this table because it rotates on an axis. Just turn the table around! You should be aware that this will cost you money, but it will be a fantastic show-stopper at any dinner party or in any man cave. In addition, if you’re in the mood for something extra special, you can upgrade to include an automatic rotation mechanism, which allows you to sit back and relax while the table switches itself transformer-style!
Please be assured that we will only contact you if we have something exciting to share with you, such as exclusive offers or competitions! When it comes to selecting your table, keep these four factors in mind before making your purchase:
The majority of pool dining tables are available in either the standard UK size of 7ft x 4ft or the slightly smaller 6ft x 3ft dimensions. One rule of thumb is that a 6ft table can easily accommodate 6 people, while a 7ft table can accommodate 8 people more comfortably than 6 people around a 6ft table. Considering that both options are excellent for pool, the decision comes down to how much space you have in your home and how many people you intend to invite over for dinner to determine which option is the best fit for you.
In light of the fact that this will be a key element of your furniture, it is especially crucial to select one in a style that complements your home design and your personal preferences. Consider everything from the form and shape of the frame to the color, fabric, and table top before making your final decision. We at Mancaves HQ appreciate the clean, simple aesthetic of pure black, but some prefer something a little more conventional. We recommend purchasing a pool table that does not appear to be a pool table until the table top is removed, if for no other reason than to witness the expressions on your visitors’ faces when they discover it!
How to switch the table between pool and dining
Pool dining tables are typically comprised of a two-piece table top that is simply positioned on top of the pool table. This is a good option, but if you want something truly spectacular, consider a spinning table – see item number 6 on the following list. Warning: there is a cost associated with this option.
Because you’ll all be eating at this table, it’s crucial to choose one that has plenty of legroom; a table with a smaller frame will provide you with greater comfort while you’re eating. Some tables come with the option to purchase matching chairs or benches, which allows you to keep your home’s design consistent. The conclusion of our top 7 pool dining tables and buying guide is thus concluded! But we couldn’t let you go without showing you the Zen Slate Bed Pool Table, which you can see below.
- Perhaps this is a pipe dream, but if any of our readers are planned on winning the lotto this weekend, we recommend that they have a look at this site!
- We, on the other hand, have made our choice!
- Take pleasure in it and thank us later.
- Notice regarding affiliate relationships: If you purchase any of the items listed above through our website, we will get a small compensation.
- Louis is a co-founder at the Mancaves headquarters.
One day, he hopes to have his own fully-equipped man cave complete with all of the bells and whistles. Until then, he enjoys playing poker at the dining room table and pool at the local bar, as well as getting out of the home for a run along the Thames every now and again.
The West State Billiards Guide To Buying The Perfect Pool Table
Ping-pong tables are one of the most ancient forms of recreational entertainment. They have been in use since the sixteenth century and have been used by monarchs, nobles, commoners, and individuals of all social classes. Throughout history, it has established itself as a standard for socializing with friends, family, and coworkers alike. Purchasing a pool table, with all of its refinements and possibilities, may be a difficult job for those who are just getting started in their search for the ideal billiards room.
- In the end, investing in a pool table is a significant financial commitment, and the last thing you want is to be stuck with a pool table that doesn’t meet your needs.
- This book simplifies and explains the seemingly endless number of options that must be taken in order to complete the task at hand.
- Is the pool table going to be indoors or outside?
- In the event that you install an indoor pool table outside, it may swiftly degrade, and you may end up losing the pool table entirely after only a few of seasons.
- Based on the amount of play area available, each size has its own set of sizing guidelines.
- 8ft tables are considered professional-sized, whereas 9ft tables are more appropriate for televised competitions or sporting events.
|Table Size||Measurements||Playable Surface||Good For|
|7ft||3.5’x7’ (42”x84”)||~39”x78”||Bars, lounges|
|8ft||4’x8’ (48”x96”)||~44”x88”||Leagues, tournaments, home standard|
|9ft||5’3”x9’5” (64”x113”)||~50”x100”||Professional setting|
Each brand offers a separate set of dimensions for each of its size options. The specifications for 7ft, 8ft, and 9ft pool tables are listed above, and they are strictly enforced. The World Pool-Billiard Association (WPA) maintains these standards; nevertheless, the regulated size is more of a suggestion than a rule in most cases. Providing the width and length are in the same proportion, the WPA provides a variety of measurements to refer to as a starting point. The playing table must be rectangular and symmetrical in order to comply with the requirement.
- In order to function properly, the table bed’s height must be between 29.25 inches and 31 inches tall. The slate must be at least an inch thick on the top
- The width of the rail (including cushions) must be between 4 and 7.5 inches in width.
The size of a billiard table is quite important in the world of pool. When playing on a smaller pool table, the balls tend to congregate. Larger pool tables help you to make better use of your hitting abilities and refine your stroke technique while you’re playing. Choose the size that best suits your needs, whether they are recreational or at home-related. Slate vs Other Building Materials The top of a pool table is one of the most crucial components of the table.
There are a variety of materials available, including the traditional slate as well as more synthetic materials such as particle board (MDF), honeycomb, and slatron. Synthetic tables are not always as durable as slate tables, which are made of a hefty flat rock.
- MDF (medium density fiberboard) is another name for particle board (medium density fiberboard). Although this material is very malleable, it changes in response to weather conditions and warps when wet. Honeycomb Plastic—While this material does not warp as rapidly as particle board, it has a rougher surface than a typical slate pool table
- It is also less expensive than particle board. Slatron, also known as Permaslate, is a composite material made of a combination of particle board and honeycomb plastic. It is made of condensed hardened plastic that is applied over particle board. In terms of cost and durability, this material is the most costly and most robust synthetic slate option available. The Permaslate product line should be your first choice if you’re seeking for a high-quality slate alternative. It is important to remember that, while Slatron is the most durable alternative, it does not have the same expected lifespan as slate.
All of these options are attempting to emulate the smoothness and durability of slate in one way or another. We at West State Billiards believe in extending the life of your pool table while also ensuring that it meets or exceeds the highest possible standards of quality. So we use 1-inch diamond-honed slate for all of our tabletop surfaces. Pockets on the inside versus on the outside Pool tables are available with internal or exterior pockets, depending on the model. A major impact on the final appearance of your pool table may be had by making this selection.
- Those with inside pockets are by far the most prevalent type of pocket.
- The leather is concealed within the table by means of an interior pocket, as the name indicates.
- Pockets that are visible from the outside are known as external pockets or standard pockets.
- The exterior pockets, which create the table’s corner, are joined to each wood rail by an iron rod that runs through the table’s center.
- External pockets, on the other hand, produce the pleasant ‘click’ sound that most people associate with pool, as the ball drops into the pocket after a well-placed shot into the pocket.
- Once you’ve determined your table’s size and top material, you can move on to determining which type of pool table is best for you.
- Outdoor and indoor entertainment spaces can be designed in a variety of ways to suit your needs and aesthetic preferences.
- This type of design is ideal for smaller entertainment areas.
- It’s perfect for entertaining guests indoors or outdoors while maintaining a high level of style and functionality.
- The process is straightforward, and you receive what you want without having to worry about whether or not it will fit in your area.
- Pool Table Design in the Modern Era Design is the primary focus of a modern style.
When it comes to playing with flair, modern style is the style of choice for the avid hobbyist. AccessoriesOnce you’ve decided on a pool table, you can start thinking about the accessories you’ll need. Accessories are frequently used in conjunction with:
- Pool balls, cue sticks, cue racks, ball racks, chalk, and table coverings are all available.
Because there are so many different sizes and styles of pool cue sticks available, the cue sticks are the ones that should receive the most attention out of all the accessories. Your cue sticks increase the amount of playing area available around your pool table. If you purchase the incorrect cue stick, you may quickly discover that your pool game is unplayable due to either too much or too little reach. The standard adult cue stick length is 57 inches, but they can be made as short as 36 inches for smaller players or smaller spaces.
- Before you purchase a pool cue stick, take into consideration your body proportions as well as the available space around you.
- Is it possible to add casters or wheels to my pool table in order to move it?
- While adding casters or wheels to a table may appear to be a logical solution, doing so may compromise the structural integrity and playability of the table.
- When a result of the weight of the table and the amount of power exerted on the legs, the legs of pool tables tend to lean inward or outward as the table is moved.
- The addition of wheels might also have an impact on the playability.
- By doing so, you may prevent the balls from running toward one side, giving players an unfair edge and making fair play more difficult to achieve.
- Casters can also detract from the overall appearance of the table.
- The majority of pool table manufacturers strongly advise against adding any type of wheels to your billiard table at all.
- If you have any questions, West State Billiards will be more than delighted to address any concerns you may have regarding your purchasing experience with them.
- We are here to assist you in having the best pool table experience possible, while providing exceptional customer service and the most competitive prices in town!
- Recognizing that constructing the right pool table can be challenging at times, we want to ensure that you are satisfied with the end outcome.
We’ve been assisting individuals with their entertainment needs since 1946, and we promise that you will be happy with our services. For additional information, please contact us at any of our locations now!
Pool Dining Table Buyer’s Guide
Because there are so many various sizes and varieties of pool cue sticks available, the cue sticks are the most important of all the accessories to investigate. Your pool table’s playing area is increased with the use of cue sticks. Your pool game may become unplayable if you purchase the incorrect cue stick because it has too much or too little reach, depending on which model you purchase. 57″ is the usual adult cue stick length; however, cue sticks can be made shorter, as little as 36″, for smaller players or smaller areas.
- Before you purchase a pool cue stick, take into consideration your body proportions as well as the space around you.
- How do I move my pool table if I don’t have casters or wheels?
- However, while it may seem like an obvious solution, adding casters or wheels can actually compromise the structural integrity and playability of your table.
- As a result of the weight of the table and the amount of force exerted on the legs, the legs of pool tables tend to lean inward or outward when the table is moved.
- Playability can be influenced by the addition of wheels.
- By doing so, you can assure that the balls do not rush toward one side, giving players an unfair edge and making fair play more difficult.
- Table casters can also have a negative impact on its aesthetic attractiveness.
- In most cases, adding any type of wheels to your pool table is strictly discouraged by the manufacturer.
- Whenever you have any questions, West State Billiards will be more than delighted to address any concerns you may have regarding your purchasing experience with us.
- In order to provide you with the greatest pool table experience possible, we provide outstanding customer service and the most competitive rates in the area.
- Recognizing that building the ideal pool table can be challenging at times, we want to ensure that you are satisfied with the end outcome.
Since 1946, we’ve been assisting individuals with their entertainment needs, and we promise that you will be delighted with our services. More information is available by calling any of our locations now.
British or American?
In most cases, pool dining tables are available in either British or American specifications. Each variety has varied needs in terms of size, fabric type, pocket size, cushion form, and other characteristics. In general, British pool dining tables are smaller in size – usually six or seven feet in length – and are intended for slower, more strategic games. The Precision British pool dining table is made of solid wood. (Beginning at £3795.00) American pool dining tables are bigger – ranging in length from seven to nine feet – and their nylon linens and spacious pockets are better suited to the faster-paced game of American pool.
(Beginning at £6995.00) The distinctions between British and American pool may be found in our comprehensive guide, What is the Difference Between British and American Pool.
How Much Space Do I Need?
When considering the purchase of a pool table, it is critical to evaluate the amount of space that will be required. Players must be able to wander around the table and cue up shots without colliding with walls or other objects in the room. To give you an example, if you’re installing a 6ft pool dining table and want to use full-size 57-inch cues, you’ll need to figure out the width and length of the area you’ll need in order to accommodate them. The playfield of a 6ft table measures approximately 82cm in width from cushion to cushion and approximately 160cm in length from cushion to cushion (again, from cushion to cushion).
As a result, a 57-inch cue is 145cm in length.
Then multiply the result by the width of your playing field.
This is the breadth of the space that you’ll require for your project.
Slate or MDF Bed?
It is essential to be aware of the amount of space required for a pool table when choosing one. Players must be able to go around the table and cue up shots without colliding with walls or other objects in their path. To give you an example, if you’re installing a 6ft pool dining table and intend to use full-size 57-inch cues, you’ll need to figure out the width and length of the room you’ll need in order to accommodate everyone. When measured from cushion to cushion, a 6ft table’s playfield is around 82cm wide and 160cm long, depending on the model (again, from cushion to cushion).
To put it another way, a cue measuring 57 inches long is 145 centimeters.
In order to make your playfield wider, multiply the width of your playfield by the number of players on it.
This results in a length of 372cm (290cm plus 82 cm). This is the breadth of the space that you’ll require for your workstation. Our guide, What Room Size Do I Need for My Pool Table, has further information on determining space needs with different cue and table sizes.
Which Chairs Do I Need?
If you intend to use your table as a dining table, you’ll need seats to go with it. We provide a variety of chairs that are ideal for use with the majority of pool meals, but you will want to make sure that your table has enough area for a chair, a set of legs, and a little extra space for comfort before purchasing. You can see how this works in the example provided below. For the most part, individuals will be comfortable with a distance of roughly 20cm between their seat and the underside of the table.
You can look through our selection of chairs and stools by clicking here.
Or Are Benches Better?
Among our customers, the bench is a popular alternative that is available as an optional upgrade alongside many of our pool dining tables. The addition of benches around the table helps to create a more social environment, and they may frequently be hidden beneath the table when not in use. A eating table with seats for the Phoenix pool. (Beginning at £3695.00) While not in use, some models include built-in storage to keep all of your pool equipment safe and secure when not in use. On the Carolina II table, a storage bench is available as an option.
How Do The Tops Work?
Almost all pool dining tables have been transformed into dining tables by adding specific tops. The table is usually supplied with these, which ensures that everything fits together perfectly and that everything matches perfectly. Depending on the specifications and size of your table, they can be in two or three sections, respectively. They are simply lifted into position and rest on the small rubber pocket liners that have been placed around the table to prevent any damage to the finish from occurring.
In order to use a Phoenix pool dining table, the top must be lifted.
A large dining area is created by rotating the entire playfield within the cabinet.
(Beginning at £7395.00)
What Else Can I Do With a Pool Diner?
Pool diners aren’t just for lounging by the pool and eating. When you have a table like this, you can put it to a lot of different uses. Because of the flat hardwood tops* and more legroom, they are perfect for use as workstations. If you work from home and your workplace is starting to seem a little stale, investing in a desk that turns into a pool table will breathe new life into your workspace. Organize a lunchtime get-together or invite the neighbors over for a game of kickball. Put the toppers back on after lunch, hoist your laptop and other equipment atop those, and get back to work.
Hold meetings in the boardroom, and utilize the tabletops to place computers, projectors, and conference phones for your colleagues to use.
A Zen pool table with tops that may be utilized in a boardroom at the business.
(Beginning at £7495.00) * Some pool meals are available with optional glass tops, which may be purchased separately. We would not advocate utilizing them to support a large amount of heavy equipment such as computers or other electronic devices.
Your table can also be used for other games if you so want. Purchase a table tennis top, which attaches to your table in seconds and transforms it into a table tennis playing surface. Alternatively, you might purchase a set of snooker balls, making sure that the ball size is sufficient for your pocket size, and sit down to play a game of snooker. In addition, there are games available, such as table bowling. On a pool table, a Tekscore table tennis top is installed. (Beginning at £149.00) You could even opt for a multi-game table, such as the Pureline 7ft Multi Game Diner, which includes pool, table tennis, and air hockey, as well as a lift-on dining top, to save space.
A complete guide to buying a Pool Table! – Pooltables.ch
Pooltables.ch carries a large selection of high-quality pool and snooker tables in various sizes and styles. Each of our pool and snooker tables is intended to provide you the flexibility to choose the finer elements, allowing you to personalize your table to your liking! We have ten different pool table collections, each with its own set of distinguishing design features. The pool table varieties we provide are all available in a variety of configurations from which you may pick, including table size, wood type and color, fabric type and color, and so on.
In addition to game types and ball sizes, the guide includes information on pool table sizes and heights, multi-use tables, custom table options, and pool table slates.
Pooltables.ch provides a diverse selection of high-quality pool and snooker tables that may be customized to meet your specific requirements. When selecting the most appropriate pool or snooker table for your needs, you must first examine the sort of game you intend to play on your slate bed pool or snooker table. With a variety of game kinds and table sizes to choose from, we can ensure that you have a fun time playing the game of your choosing! Listed below are the various game types that we can provide; please read through this section before making a purchase from us to ensure that the game type you are looking for is clear.
With little 2inch (50.8mm) balls, English Pool is often played on a 6′ or 7′ table with narrower pockets as a result of the smaller balls. If you are limited in space and can only accommodate a 5′, 6′, or 7′ pool table in your pool room, the English Pool version of the game is recommended.
For the most part, American pool is played on a 7’7″, 8’7″, or 9’9″ table with bigger 2 1/4″ (57mm) balls, resulting in wider pockets.
On an American pool table, the game of Nine ball is also commonly played, albeit not exclusively. If you are looking for an 8′ or 9′ pool table, we recommend that you purchase an American Pool Table.
Snooker is traditionally played on a 12′ table, however if you do not have enough space in your Snooker Room for a large table, you may have a Snooker table created that is as little as 6′. In compared to American Pool, snooker balls are 52.5mm in diameter, which means the pockets on a snooker table are relatively narrow, making it a more difficult game to learn.
Since there are no pockets on a Carom table, it is a unique variation on the game of Billiards. However, it is a conventional version of the game that originated in France in the 18th century. Carom balls measure 61.5mm in diameter.
However, although Russian Pyramid is officially played on a 12′ table, it can be played on anything from a 7′ table up to a 12′ table. A Russian Pyramid table’s pockets are incredibly narrow, with the corner pockets being only 4-5mm larger than the diameter of the balls in certain cases.
It is possible that we may provide you with a different version of the billards table that is not shown here. Please contact us and we will see if we can assist you.
To better assist you in understanding the various game types we offer, we’ve included an image of the balls that are associated with each game type in the following section. Starting with the first ball, which is the smallest, for English pool and progressing all the way up to the largest ball, which is used in a game of Russian Pyramid, there are a total of nine balls in play. Before purchasing one of our Pool or Snooker Tables, we recommend that you become familiar with both the game types and the corresponding ball sizes.
Pool Table Sizes
An illustration of the balls associated with each of the game types we offer is provided below to assist you in better understanding them. Taking it from the first ball, which is the smallest, which is used in the game of English pool, all the way up to the largest ball, which is used in the game of Russian Pyramid, there are many variations. When considering the purchase of a pool or snooker table, it is important to become familiar with both the game types and the corresponding ball sizes. Feel free to contact us if you have any queries or need assistance.
Pool Table Heights
The Contemporary Pool Table is one of our most popular tables because it has the additional function of being able to be used as a Pool Dining Table. Alternatively, our Contemporary Pool and Dining Table can be purchased with a rise and fall system, which allows the Contemporary Pool Table to be used at two different ideal heights for dining and playing the game of your choice. More information on this table can be found by clicking on the link in the title of this paragraph. The heights of the Contemporary Pool Table, both at a fixed height and without the rise and fall system, are shown below, as well as the heights with the extra rise and fall system installed.
- Approximately 797mm from the floor to the dining table top
- 680mm from the floor to the bottom of the frame (allowing for greater leg room than the Modern range due to a 60mm thinner frame)
- The distance between the ground and the playing surface is 740mm.
Pool table with a rise and fall system in a contemporary design:
- 752mm from floor to eating top (when dropped)
- 635mm from floor to bottom frame (leg room) when lowered
- 760mm from floor to playing surface (when elevated).
Modern Pool Table Heights
As with our Contemporary line, our Modern Pool Table can be used as a comfortable Pool Dining Table as well as an amazing Pool Table in its own right. It is also available in a variety of sizes to suit your needs. More information about this table may be accessed by clicking on the link in the Modern Pool Table Heights title. Modern Pool Table Heights The heights of the Modern Pool Dining Table are shown in the table below. Modern pool table (with a fixed height): Dimensions:
- 720mm from the floor to the dining table top
- 620mm from the floor to the bottom frame (leg room)
- 740mm from the floor to the playing surface.
Multi-use Pool Tables
In addition, our pool table ranges are quite broad, with the majority of our pool tables being capable of serving several functions. For example, six of our pool tables are capable of serving as pool dining tables. As well as serving as pool tables, these Pool Eating Tables have been specially designed to be ideal and comfortable dining tables as well. On request, we can also place poker cloths on the undersides of our dining tables; however, this is something we do not offer very often, so please let us know if you require this service.
- An example of one of our pool dining tables is shown below.
- If you want both a pool table and a table tennis table, it makes perfect sense to purchase them as a set.
- In order to make switching between pool and table tennis as quick and simple as possible, the Table Tennis Tops have been divided into two sections.
- These are placed inside the cushions of your table to guarantee that the top remains steady and does not shift if you accidentally bump into it.
- They are available in two colors: blue (all sizes) or black (standard table tennis size), and they are delivered with a retractable net, four bats, and a total of six balls.
If you are searching for a Bespoke table, cloth, or benches, there is a good possibility that we can assist you! Many bespoke tables and linens have been created for a variety of clientele, including some well-known names, with tremendous success in the past. The tables and benches that you design will be handcrafted by experienced artisans to your specifications. If you are interested in Pooltables.ch designing your perfect bespoke Pool or Snooker Table, please email us with your ideas, as well as any photographs that you have generated or discovered to assist us envision your designs.
From there, we can begin exploring options and then finalizing the unique design and specifications, after which we can begin working on your table!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any unique designs or specific features that you do not see on our website.
Pool Table Slates
When it comes to our pool tables, we use a very high-quality Slate Bed, but we can source lighter alternatives if necessary in special circumstances. If you are interested in the thickness of the Slate Bed that we use, it varies depending on the Pool Table size and style that you choose. However, we use an extremely high quality slate bed that is sourced from Brazil, which is now widely considered to be the leading manufacturer of Pool and Snooker Table Slate Beds in the world. Slates are available in three distinct thicknesses: 19mm, 25mm, and 44mm.
It is generally accepted that when it comes to slate thickness, the greater its stability and resistance to snagging, the thicker the slate should be.
For the larger tables, we utilize a thicker slate since the greater the span that a slate must cover, the greater the strength that the slate must possess in order to remain stable.
This is owing to the fact that a decent pool dining table has a slender frame in order to provide enough leg room while keeping the eating height as near as possible to the regular dining height of around 76cm.
In order to make up for the fact that our Pool Dining Table is made of a rather thin slate, we make certain that we only utilize the best and most sturdy slates available.
We hope that this pool table buying guide will assist you in making an informed decision on which table would suit your needs the best!
Call us at +41(0)44 580 2178.
Anthony Gent, Route de Verbier 141a, 1936 Verbier, Switzerland Phone |